Learning through enjoyment
At Scholes School, we strive for all children to be ready for the next steps in their learning journey by:
- Helping all children to achieve their maximum potential enabling each child to have a high self-esteem.
- Creating a stimulating and safe environment which promotes excellence and enjoyment through learning.
- Providing a balanced, flexible curriculum giving children a secure knowledge of key skills, particularly in Literacy, Numeracy, Science and Computing.
- Building on each child’s experience and their knowledge of the world through delivery of the curriculum and to prepare them for citizens of the future.
- Being recognised as a friendly, open learning community where opinions of others are valued and acted upon.
- Encouraging our children to become independent thinkers and learners in a rich learning environment and show that achievement and creativity can bring self-improvement.
- Promoting good behaviour through a school culture based on respect for individuals and groups in an environment, where people are treated with equality, whether in terms of ability, gender, race, religion or culture.
- Building on the partnership between parents and school, encouraging shared involvement with their child’s education, personal development and acknowledging their crucial role in their child’s development.
- Continuing to develop the role of the school within the local and wider community, establishing and maintaining links that are beneficial to all involved